Happy Valentine’s Day!
But sometimes the real gifts are the ones we give ourselves. And by “give ourselves” I mean fight for and carve out of however crazy your life can be.
Here are 5 ways to put a little more heart in your holiday:
1. Nap. Naps are awesome and often overlooked as one of the yellow brick roads to happiness.
2. Eat chocolate. I know you love chocolate. We all love chocolate, and we’re all going to eat some in the next day, week, minute. What I’m saying is eat the chocolate already. Don’t fuss about it or “earn it” just eat it.
3. Call that girlfriend you don’t get to talk to very often. It will make your day. It will make hers.
4. Cross one thing off your to-do list that you haven’t done and will never do. You know the one… make kale chips, floss teeth after every meal (you’d have to if you ate kale chips), do your own taxes.
5. Embrace gratitude. You think I mean for others, right? Nope. We do plenty of that. I’m suggesting that a wonderful gift is to write down 3 things you are grateful for about yourself. Not what you have or what you do but who you are.
I am, for example, funny. Alone in my head, I think I am hilarious. Since I write at home with only a dog, it makes me a great co-worker. Is that number two? Well, in case it’s not, I’ll also be grateful that I am pretty good at saying no, a handy skill, and I nap.
So this Valentine’s Day weekend, a three day for some folks, treat yourself with a little heart!
And to celebrate… Plan On It is 99 cents on a Kindle Countdown weekend!
And Hollywood Beginnings is now an audio book (in case you really do get tickets to Paris and need something to entertain you on the plane!)