Day 30 – Victory!
There’s only one thing like the joy of writing 50,000 words in 30 days…. Stopping!
It’s the same kind of relief I used to feel when I finished a run. The running felt pretty good some of the time, but the stopping felt really good all of the time. The same is true for writing.
In 30 days I’ve had ups and downs. I’ve written decent scenes and some that will never see the light of day.
I’ve worked hard and also procrastinated at an Olympic level.
But I’ve started. I’ve started what was only an idea and made it the first 50,000 words of The Rocker’s Mrs.
What will happen to it (and me) now?
Well, it will be seriously ignored for a while. I mean that in the best possible way.
1. I need to do some laundry or buy more underwear. Just saying.
2. I need a break from the computer.
The chair doesn’t have my rear end imprint… my rear end is getting a chair imprint.
3. I have got to figure out what smells weird in my refrigerator.
4. It’s the holiday season, and I’ve got to do some book promotions for the four novels that are already out in the world.
5. It’s time to scout around and see if there’s a traditional publisher who would like to bring one of my novels out in print.
6. I’ve got to pick up the revision of the Montana Myth novel and finish it up.
7. Family? Well, hello!
8. It’s only 25 days until Christmas, right?! What could possibly need doing?
10. The audio book for Hollywood Beginnings will need a good launching in December.
Happy Last Day of National Novel Writing Month!